Can my thermostat connect to Alexa?
4iE Smart WiFi Thermostat
Yes, your thermostat can connect to your Amazon Alexa. Follow the simple steps below or watch the video included.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel here!
Short Format Instructions for Connecting your Thermostat to Alexa:
1. First, make sure that you have the Alexa App downloaded on your device. If you haven’t done so already, head over to your app store and download the Alexa App.
2. Once your app is fully installed, fully register, and connect your Amazon device to your Wi-Fi network. You can also continue without connecting your Amazon device quite yet.
3. Also, it is important to ensure that you have set up your my.warmup.com account and that your thermostat is connected.
Once you have completed the above steps, follow these next steps to complete your thermostat connection with Alexa:
- Open your Amazon Alexa App
- Select the “More” icon located at the bottom right of the app.
- Select the “Skills & Games” icon.
- Use the search bar where it says, “Search Amazon Skills” and type “Warmup” into the search bar. Then click “Search.”
- Select “Warmup 4iE” to connect any of your Warmup thermostats.
- Click the blue button that says, “Enable to Use.” This will prompt you to the my.warmup.com account linking page.
- Type in the email address and password associated with your my.warmup.com account.
- Once you are done typing in your email and password, click the login button.
- A pop up will appear that says, “Allow Amazon to access you details?” Select “Allow”
- Then, a message will appear stating that “Your Warmup 4iE account has been successfully linked.”
- Click the blue button at the bottom that says, “Next” to continue to discover your thermostat device.
- A message will now appear that states, “Alexa is looking for devices to connect… This may take up to a minute to connect.”
- After, a message will appear that states that your device(s) have been found and connected. This means that your devices have been added to your Alexa account. Continue setting up your device(s) one at a time.
- Click the blue “Next” button.
- Choose which connected device you would like to set up first and click “Set Up Device.”
- Now, select where your thermostat is located with the list of drop-down options or select “Skip.” Once the room is selected, click “Add to Group.”
- A message will appear stating that [thermostat name] is set up and ready to use. There will also be a message telling you what you can say out loud to Alexa to control that specific thermostat.
- Continue with this process by selecting your device(s) one by one until all are set up and click continue between each thermostat.
- Once your thermostat(s) are set up, a screen will appear saying “All your devices are set up. You can now use Alexa to control your home.”
Voice Instructions when talking to your Alexa:
With the MyHeating App and Alexa skill, you can control your Warmup smart heating system with your voice.
In a home with multiple thermostats, you first need to say which thermostat you want to control. There are two ways to specify which thermostat you want:
- Use the thermostat names you have already set up in the MyHeating app. You can also edit these within the MyHeating app.
- Alternatively, you can create groups in the Alexa app, like ‘Downstairs’ or ‘Living Room’ and add one or more of your Warmup smart thermostats to that group.
Using the room name, say “[room name] thermostat” when speaking each command. You can control your heating with phrases like:
- “Alexa, set Bedroom Thermostat to 85 degrees”
- “Alexa, decrease Bathroom Underfloor Heating by 5 degrees”
The changes you make using Alexa will work alongside the settings you have in the MyHeating app. Therefore, using Alexa will not disrupt existing schedules. The temperature will automatically revert back to your heating schedule on the next scheduled change. If you’d like to have one temperature indefinitely, use the ‘Fixed Temperature’ mode on the MyHeating app.
If you need further help or have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We are here to assist you and ensure a smooth setup process for your thermostat connection with the Alexa App. You can reach out to our customer support team at (888) 927-6333.