Is there a video guide for installing the DCM-PRO system?
DCM-PRO Peel-And-Stick Membrane
Warmup Electric Underfloor Heating DCM-PRO System Installation
Welcome to the Warmup Electric Underfloor Heating DCM-PRO Installation guide. In this guide, we will provide you with videos and step-by-step instructions for two different installation methods: Peel-and-Stick and Fleece-Back.
Peel-and-Stick DCM-PRO Installation:
Fleece-Back DCM-PRO Installation:
For more videos subscribe to Warmup Inc on YouTube.
Short format instructions for a DCM-PRO Peel-and-Stick Installation:
- Apply Primer for OSB Subfloor, then be sure primed subfloor is clean and free of dust.
- Roll out the DCM-PRO Peel-and-Stick Membrane on the clean subfloor. **Warmup Tip: Simply walk around the room to ensure the Membrane has adhered to the subfloor.
- Mark out the floor with a permanent marker or tape showing where the fixtures and other unheated areas are going to be.
- Install the heating cable at 2, 3, or 4 peg spacing, depending on output needs.
- Place the floor sensor (Warmup recommends to install a backup one, too).
- Also, make sure that the end cap and factory joint are laying flush with the floor, so that they get fully embedded in thinset.
- Measure and record the resistance of the heating cable before, during, and after the installation, using a Digital Multimeter Cable Tester.
- Cover the Membrane in 3/8″ of self-leveler or thinset making sure the castellations are fully covered. **Warmup Tip: The DCM-PRO system is ready to tile same day and can be done in a 1 to 2 step process.
Short format instructions for a DCM-PRO Fleece-Back Installation:
- To get started, ensure the subfloor is smooth, dry, and free from dust. We recommend installing Ultralight Installation Boards for optimum performance, especially when heating over a concrete subfloor or an unheated area.
- Apply a thinset layer to the substrate using a 1/4″ x 1/4″ square notch trowel.
- Cut your membrane sheets/roll to size and press into the thinset using a float or roller, removing any air pockets. Lay additional membrane, as above, being mindful to align the pegs. *Keep in mind that the Fleece-Back Membrane is available in sheets and rolls.
- Mark out the floor with a permanent marker and/or tape showing where fixtures and other unheated areas will be.
- Measure and record the resistance of the heating cable before, during, and after the installation using a Digitial Multimeter Cable Tester.
- Install your heating cable at 2-3, 3, 3-4, or 4 peg spacing, depending on your output needs. We don’t recommend 2 pegs spacing only. When it comes to heat output and square foot, closer spacing creates more heat and less square foot coverage, and the opposite, as spacing is further apart.
- Channel a groove in the membrane and subfloor for the cold tail and termination joints, but DO NOT tape over these joints! For best results, position the sensor probe centrally between two runs of the heater to ensure even temperature distribution and efficient operation. Also, DO NOT cross the probe wire over the heated wire.
- Place the floor sensor. (Warmup recommends installing a backup floor sensor, too). Also, make sure the end cap and the factory joint are laying flush with the floor, so that they get fully embedded in thinset.
- Completely encapsulate the heating cable(s) with approximately 3/8″ of self-leveling or thinset for optimal heat transfer. **Warmup Tip: The DCM-Pro System may be ready to tile the same day and can be done in a 1 or 2 step process. Consult the setting manufacturer instruction manual. DCM-Pro is also compatible with other flooring types. See the instruction manual for details.
If you have any other questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to reach out. Our dedicated support team is ready to provide you with the necessary assistance to resolve any problems you may be facing. To access our customer support services, simply reach out to us at 888-927-6333.