What is a Dual Cable Tester and how do I use it?
Dual Cable Tester
Warmup’s Dual Cable Tester was designed for floor heating installations. The Dual Cable Tester monitors continuity (the path for electricity to flow) and measures the resistance of the heating cable(s) at the same time for, not only one heating cable, but TWO at the same time. The device is designed to alert you with an alarm and flash if there is any damage to the attached cables. Order a Dual Cable Tester online here.
To use the Dual Cable Tester during installation:
1. Connect the black element from heating cable 1 to the “L” terminal from Dual Cable Tester labeled “Heater 1”.
2. Connect the yellow or red wire from heating cable 1 to the “N” terminal on the Dual Cable Tester labeled “Heater 1”.
3. Connect the ground wire from heating cable 1 to the “G” terminal from Dual Cable Tester labeled “Heater 1”
(Optional: repeat if you have a second cable).
4. Flip the switch to the “ON” position for one or both of the heaters and leave it on for the duration of the installation.
5. The resistance reading(s) should be in range for the heating cable(s) you are installing, see installation instructions for more information.