Home / Wiring / ETOG – Ground Sensor
How do you find out if your ETOG sensor is defective?
ETOG – Ground Sensor
In order to determine if your sensor is defective, follow the below steps:
- Disconnect sensor heat (11/12).
- Wait a few hours to ensure that the sensor is same temperature as the ground.
- Measure ground/sensor temperature.
- Disconnect sensor from terminal (13/14) (sensor 2 17/18).
- Measure sensor resistance (should be 30K ohms at 5 degrees C/41 degrees F, 36276 ohms at 0 degrees C/ 32 degrees F) (purple/gray).
- If resistance is significantly lower, you sensor is defective. Please continue to work around.