Tag: heated driveway
More than just being a pain in the back (no pun intended), shoveling snow this winter could be downright hazardous to your health. One study that analyzed data from US emergency departments over a 17-year period found the following:
- 195,000 emergency room cases
- 67% were males
- 1647 deaths
With this information in mind, we found some potentially lifesaving advice from the National Safety Council:
- Do not shovel after eating or while smoking.
- Take it slow! Shoveling (like lifting weights) can increase your heart rate and blood pressure dramatically; so pace yourself.
- Be sure to stretch out and warm up before taking on the task.
- Don’t pick up too much at once. Use a small shovel or fill only one-fourth or one-half of a large one.
- Lift with your legs bent, not your back.
Speaking of bending, Warmup will bend over backwards to help you out this winter. Call us and ask about our snow melting solutions.